Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Madness

So March has barely even started and already there is a ridiculous amount of stuff happening. I have been spending waaaay too much time in college this week, not actually studying (all my essays were due last week and now I am FREE) but doing other random stuff, such as canvassing and t-shirt designing. Basically now whenever Paddy/John says they need us to stay for a meeting I will run away, because it inevitably means that I will not leave college until late that night, and it will involve heavy lifting. Well, the heavy lifting was only incorporated yesterday, but I had just given blood and somehow ended up picking up and organising all the heavy (smelly) boys gear while Maria got to just sort out jerseys with Paddy. I could point out the possible reason why she gets away with it but the two of them get enough grief from Zak and John without me putting it online! On Tuesday Maeve, Maria and I stayed to help design our Amsterdam tshirts, which was a bit of a laugh. We wanted hot pink. We even convinced them to get hot pink. Then the next day Paddy 'The traitor' O'Leary accidently sent Maria a message meant for John, something along the lines of 'I am thinking of getting different coloured shirts for the guys.' FOR SHAME Paddy!

So now the boys are getting blue tshirts and the girls are getting pink. I am excited, it must be said... this time next week we will be in Amsterdam! Germany was so much fun, and this time most of the girls are going... Rachel isn't though, which is sad, she is going to play with rocks in Antrim. Not cool Rach! It will be good to play against another real team as well! Last weekend was March Madness which was so much fun... Lots of nights out and lots of lax, it was great! It was the first time most of us had played in a proper tournament thingy too, well for the girls at least! The guys managed to win in possibly the most exciting final ever, though Bonagee yelled at us girls for cheering too loudly which was kinda funny, though not nearly as funny as Paddy's reaction when he found out.

Maeve and I have also been trying our hands at politics UCD style as well. We somehow managed to get involved in Mike Pat's campaign team (he's running for ents) and spent the last 2 days canvassing for him which was a complete laugh. I spent yesterday morning campaigning, the afternoon giving blood, the evening cleaning the storeroom and then we went to Keith's comedy gig, which was absolutely hilarious! Then today we spent most of the day in the science block before we actually went to a class... I have come to the conclusion that I am cursed though, whenever anyone comes to give blood with me they are not allowed to do it, I am the only one that can... Maria and Fitzy came with me yesterday and neither could do it, Fitzy because of an exam and Maria because of the whole prison record... I mean the fact that she was in Mexico. ( I hope she never reads this blog or I will be in trouble...)

I would have thought that all my do-gooderness would help me out karmically, but it appears not... sadly I managed to loose my phone in the su, at which point some lovely person picked it up and... kept it for themselves. So I have no phone and no numbers which is frustrating!

So that is basically what I have been up to recently, lax, canvassing, lax, loosing my phone and blood donating... Its been a pretty fun week actually! This time next week I will be on my second UCD lax tour in Amsterdam, I can't wait!

No comments: