Monday, March 23, 2009

Doing some severe Amsterdammage....

So on the 12th of March we left Dublin for what was my second UCD lax tour.. we went to Amsterdam... It was pretty good it has to be said, very different from Karlsruhe! There wasn't as many nights out, more drinking in the hostel which was good craic, though the last night out has to have been one of the best. We ended up in a bar (girls got free in, woo!) which had a podium, a pole, and brilliant music... what more could we want?
The weekend was pretty good team bonding wise as well, Maeve and I were in a room with some of the girls we didn't know as well on the team, which was great because it gave us a chance to really get to know them! Also in our room were Bonagee, John, Flopsy and Keith, the latter two taking it upon themselves to become the trips comedy duo. To say that I got slagged would be the understatement of the century- the abuse started about half an hour after I walked into the hostel room and ended when we parted ways in Dublin...While the constant abuse did leave me bruised and battered (literally...what fools EVER gave those two long poles?) I can honestly say that they are two of the most entertaining people I have ever met... even if a lot of it was at my expense. I thought John was going to die from laughing at one point... It was ok though, once they got to know the other girls (and saw the size of Claire's make-up bag) they eased off a bit...

Amsterdam was so much fun, I couldnt be bothered going through everything that happened (because lets face it, noone cares) so I will just write down the best bits!

1) the ridiculous conversations Maeve, John and I had on the last night, about islands of small people and whatnot.
2) Maeve drawing cat whiskers on her face for our match

3) Flopsy's recent surveys
4) The half pipe (even if thanks to a certain Mr O Leary I ended up crippled... never listen when Paddy says step to the right!! haha)
5) The science museum
6) General room banter for example Maeve: 'if I had the motor skills i'd kick you right now'
7) Aoife's singing
8) The yummy ice cream in V and Ds.
9) Making poor John stay up telling me stories when all he wanted to do was go to sleep.
10) Maria and I nearly beating John and Paddy in our epic game of beer pong... one day!!!
11) Singing songs on the way back to the hostel on the last night, 'Cheer up sleeeeepy jean... '
12) the music on the last night in general...not to mention Ashy's reaction when she saw the pole, what a legend!

Basically it was just a savage trip... now there is two weeks to Dublinfest, which everyone keeps going on about being the best week ever so I am pretty excited for that! I just have to catch up on all my collegework first... fun!!

No comments: