Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer adventures

Wow I have been terrible at keeping this updated! A lot of stuff has been happening recently, but the top two things would have to be the UCD ball and the lowlands tournament.

Having somehow managed to get through the ridiculous pile of work I had that week and surviving the presentation I had that morning, I went to Maeve's at the healthy hour of one o clock to start predrinking. We all bought different ingrediants and we made some pretty amazing cocktails, if I do say so myself. My personal fav was the appletini, and after a few rounds of cocktails we headed off to UCD for the ball. The ball was a good laugh though the weather was pretty crappy, by eleven we had retreated back to Paddy's to order pizza and warm up!

Exams came next, and those were NOT exactly the highlight of my year! The outbreak of ninja wars in the library did ease the pain of spending nice days holed up in the library studying. It began with Rach and Smidge sneaking up on each other and whispering 'you've just been ninja'd', but when Smiley ninja'd Maria's laptop and sent us on a trip around the library looking for it things got interesting... It was a good laugh anyway, definitly a way of cheering ourselves up in the lib!

The weekend after exams Rach, Maria Maeve and I went to the lowlands lacrosse tournament in Amsterdam. The tournament didnt start until Saturday but we left on thursday and went to Brussels and Bruges with John, Keith, Flopsy, Moffat and Bonagee. It was a good laugh and as usual I took like a million photos. We went on a nightime wander around Bruges the night we stayed there, it was really pretty. Then the next day we followed Rach's map to the places in the film, the weather was unreal as well which was even better! That evening we took a train to Amsterdam, well I say A train but really it had to change trains 3 times so we were on four different trains in five hours, not fun!

(apparently, I am an inanimate object...)


The tournament itself was great, we were playing with four of the Irish team and three girls from Bristol, so we learned loads from them. Playing Man down in extreme heat was not ideal circumstances but it was fun. Maeve's knee got injured during the second match but she still came and sat in ridiculous heat to cheer for us which was so cool of her, she didnt even complain when her knee was hurting her or anything, what a legend! Rach, Maria and I ended up playing with the Gin and Juice girls in the final because they needed a goalie and some extra players, they are one of the best teams I have ever seen! (they are all Americans who were payed to come over to England to coach lacrosse) Basically it was a really great weekend, and good preparation for playing Mount Saint Marys this week! The boys are playing Loyola as well which should be interesting, then on Sunday I leave for Morocco with the family.



I think that is pretty much all the interesting stuff from the past while, I should really try to update this more regularly!

No comments: